About Our Guild
Founded in 1972, the Palisades Guild of Spinners & Weavers is dedicated to the continuation of traditional techniques, as well as to new explorations in all fiber-related areas.
Our name comes from the town in which we originally met (Palisades, New York) and the eponymous cliffs that rise above the Hudson River. While our members hail from all over the New York City metropolitan area, most are from Bergen and Rockland Counties.
Despite our name, our members' interests are not limited to spinning and weaving: we knit, dye, felt, bead, make lace, and engage in other explorations of the fiber arts.
Visitors are welcome to our meetings, where lecture or demonstrations occur, and where there is always a raffle, coffee and dessert, and the camaraderie of fellow fiber enthusiasts.
Guild Photo Gallery HERE
Our Guild welcomes new members.
Full membership annual dues are $30, which includes admission to all meetings, monthly newsletters, and voting privileges.
Associate membership costs $15 per year and offers monthly newsletters, one meeting annually, and no voting privileges.
The non-member guest fee is $5 for meetings where there is a paid speaker.
Benefits of Membership
- Presentations by guest speakers on fiber-related topics
- Weekend workshops exploring fiber disciplines
- Monthly newsletter, Twist and Treadle
- Access to our members-only Yahoogroup
- Exhibits of members’ work
- Monthly spinning, weaving, and knitting group
- Opportunity to share ideas and learn from others active in the fiber arts
For additional information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org